Effective delegation enables you to get work done through other people and is central to effective management. In recent years, more so in the advent of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have seen changes in the way work is organized. Organizations and work teams have become ‘lean’, but a lean work team is no use unless it is flexible and able to respond quickly to new circumstances. So it is athletic work teams we need, not skeletons! Being flexible means being capable of being deployed where you are most needed. Delegating to your team means that you build up a pool of experience and skill which you can use in a flexible way. It also enables you to cope with pressure at work, when your organization asks you to achieve more in your work.
This course will provide practical tools and techniques for participants to:
- Understand key concepts of Strategic Thinking and Management
- Learn how to assess the alignment of their current strategy and current and future market conditions
- Use a strategic framework to organize thinking and make decisions
- Learn to set aside past solutions that may not work to solve future challenges
After completing this program, participants will be able to:
- Understand how delegation fits into their job and increase productivity
- Understand and use different ways of delegating tasks
- Give better instructions for better delegation results
- Give instructions effectively
M1: Delegation – A vital skill
In this session we will look at what is involved in delegating, and we will demonstrate that its practice is a skill, and as such can be both learned and improved. Poorly managed delegation can lead people to think that delegation means someone is ‘passing the buck’, or just getting someone else to do their work for them. We will see why effective delegation could not be further from this dismissive description. We will show how it is an important technique to use for managing your team successfully.
M2: Achieving balance in delegation
To get the most benefit from delegation, you have to get the balance just right. Too little, or under-delegation, suggests a lack of trust and confidence. Too much, or over-delegation, suggests a loss of control. In this session we will look at some of the reasons why people do not always get it right. We shall look at both under-delegation and over-delegation and put them in the context of what happens in an actual workplace. Then we will look at the levels of control in effective delegation.
M3: Preparing to delegate
In this session we will look in general terms at what parts of a team leader’s job can be delegated; then you will look at your own work to select particular tasks that you can delegate and select a real task which you want to delegate. The success of delegation depends to a large extent on your choosing the most appropriate person to take on the job. To make this judgement you must get to know the strengths and weaknesses of team members. In the second half of this session you will choose an appropriate team member for the delegated task.
M4: Carrying out delegation
You have begun the process of delegating effectively by selecting an appropriate job to delegate and by choosing a member of your work team to carry it out. In this session you will continue the process by carrying out the delegation.
- setting clear objectives;
- planning the delegated task;
- monitoring the task when it is being carried out;
- reviewing the results of the delegation with the team member.
Who Should Attend This Course?
Every employee who is engaged in multi-tasking and is constantly under time pressure to deliver results should take up this program. This training course is also a must for managers, supervisors, management, entrepreneurs, and business owners. Project Managers, Event Managers, coordinators and project leaders should master these skills to be the best in delivering work on time.
- Leaders and supervisors and those who lead teams
- This is a two (2) days course from 0900-1700 (Face to Face or Remote Online Training is available upon arrangement).
Training With Sincera Mayle Consulting Means:
- Delegates will be trained by experienced tutors who are passionate to share their knowledge.
- Reliable and trusted experts with years of hands-on experience to enhance delegates’ learning curve.
- Sincera Mayle Consulting is recognized training provider by Exemplar Global.
Find Out More With Us:
If want to learn more, please contact us for following training courses:
- Strategic Thinking for Leaders
- Engaging Leadership
- Root Cause Analysis
- Risk Management
- Effective Project Management
- Introduction of Cybersecurity
- Transforming Business for Resilience
- Exemplar Global Certified ISO 9001 (Quality Management Systems) Lead Auditor Course.