When organizations establish their Environmental Management Systems (EMS), means implementing a system that minimize the adverse impact to the environment. It is important to understand that the organization should identify their level of maturity and take the steps needed to proceed to the next level to reach the full potential of the environmental management system. Effective internal audit requires competence auditors. By using simulation audit / case study, this course is able to strengthen the delegates’ understanding and providing concept of how to plan and conduct an effective environmental management systems internal audit in accordance with process and risk-based approach.
- To understand the auditing process based on the ISO 19011 guidelines for auditing the environmental management systems.
- To provide knowledge and learn the necessary skills to plan, conduct, report and follow up of an internal audit.
Upon completion of the training, delegates will have the ability to perform their role as auditors, starts from planning, conducting, reporting and follow-up an internal audit. This including attaining the following knowledge and skills:
- Understand the audit steps and terminology.
- The principles of auditing.
- Understand how to develop an audit plan and audit checklists.
- Understand how to audit the process, risk and performance of environmental management systems, including collecting audit evidence.
- Ability to prepare and distribute the audit report.
- Ability to conduct audit follow up.
The course covers tutorial, discussions, simulation audit and/or facilitated activities.
- Opening and introduction
- Environmental Management Systems (ISO 14001) Framework
- Understanding of Process and Risk-Based Approach
- Principle of Internal Auditing
- Overview of Internal Auditing
- Auditors’ Responsibilities
- Planning for the audit
- Conducting the Audit
- Simulation Audit / Case Study
- Audit Review and Report Writing
- Presentation of Audit Findings
- Audit Follow Up
- Course summary
Who Should Attend This Course?
- Appointed as internal auditors to audit the environmental management systems and suitable for delegates from various functions and levels.
- The environmental management system committees.
- All personnel who are coordinating/organizing internal audit activities within the organization.
- Existing auditors who wish to refresh their skills.
- This course is certified by Exemplar Global (Exemplar Global is a global organization that certifies both individuals and training providers).
- Delegate could choose if to enroll the course with this certification. Contact us for more details on its benefits upon enrollment with this certification.
- Preferable the delegates to have Environmental Management Systems (ISO 14001) awareness prior attending to this course.
- This is a two-days course from 0900-1700 (Face to face or Remote Online Training is available upon request).
Training With Sincera Mayle Consulting Means:
- Delegates will be trained by experienced tutors who are passionate to share their knowledge.
- Reliable and trusted experts with years of hands-on experience to enhance delegates’ learning curve.
Find Out More With Us:
If want to learn more about next steps, contact us for following training courses:
- Effective Audit Report Writing
- Exemplar Global Certified Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001) Lead Auditor
- Exemplar Global Certified Environmental Management Systems (ISO 14001) Lead Auditor
- Exemplar Global Certified Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems (ISO 45001) Lead Auditor